Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Victoria's Secret's PINK Brand shows HBCU's Some Love

As most of you already know, I'm a proud graduate of Johnson C. Smith, a Historically Black University in Charlotte, NC. Despite my old age LOL, I'm also a huge fan of PINK, Victoria's Secret's brand that targets younger markets. That is why I was thrilled when I learned that PINK is going to start offering HBCU gear! My college is too small, but some of the larger schools like FAMU, Howard and Hampton made the cut. Pretty cool, heh?


Pink Rolls Out HBCU Apparel

Brand has largest retail distribution of HBCU gear
by Marcia A. Wade - December 16, 2008

When Victoria’s Secret Pink visited Florida A&M University (FAMU) last fall to announce that the historically black university would be included in Pink’s roll out of its collegiate collection—the largest retail distribution that has ever been given to an HBCU collegiate apparel—the students responded by buying out every single item at the makeshift Pink pop-up campus store.

So it’s no wonder that Richard Dent, CEO of Victoria’s Secret Pink brand is expecting huge returns when Howard University, Hampton University, North Carolina A&T University, and Southern Louisiana University joins FAMU in the second phase of Pink’s collegiate collection, which already includes 33 other schools that were launched in June 2008.

The Pink brand is geared toward young, college-aged women and includes t-shirts, sweatpants, sweatshirts, underwear, and other apparel. Its Historically Black Colleges and Universities apparel is now available at Victoria’s Secret stores near four of the universities and will be available online Dec. 23. (Hampton apparel will appear in stores mid-January because they submitted approval late, according to Dent.) Pink is in discussions to partner with the Tom Joyner Foundation and Black America Web to do a joint promotion for the HBCU line of clothing under the Pink brand.

SOURCE

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited about this! As a graduate of Tenn State University I must say this makes me VERY happy! I was just looking thru VS site the other day at this collection I thought, why can't the HBCU's get any love on the PINK gear! I love it! I hope the tigers gear is next cause I will be rocking it!

    ReplyDelete